Sunday, August 07, 2005

Bah! with all those movies

I am rereading the LOTR Triology for the second time. As I have been reading them I realised how bad the movies are. I mean, they are horrible. Completely wrong, don't have many good parts that are in the book, emits whole sections, and just plain bad. I mean, faramir was supposed to fair. In the movie he seems like this little evil dude. And there are just little things in the book that they do wrong in the movie that wouldn't have taken any extra time or anything different except for some lines or different person in a different place and stuff like that. Just bad. I will watch the movies if others are watching them but I will not pick them to watch for myself. I have seem them but they are just not near close enough as to what is in the book as to be the "movie" from the book. I see now way fa-so-la is not watching them. They mess up the whole image of the book. Completely altered the view that I got when I first read it. So anyway, I was just reading and thought that I might put a word in for the movie.

4 Comments:

Blogger ithchick said...

I would be just as upset as you, but after seeing the exhibit, and all the incredible details on everything, I have to admit that though I hate the changes and ommisions Jackson made, he had to have had an incredible love for the story to do as much as he did.

8/08/2005  
Blogger fa-so-la-la said...

YES! ONE SMALL TRIUMPH AT LAST!

8/08/2005  
Blogger X said...

LOL. Thanks for the backup fa-so-la. (I guess that was backup) I know what you mean. But still, it was horrible how much of the movie was wrong. And just plain wrong. Not like there was a mess up, but wrong.

8/08/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look, even though they are wrong, doesn't make them a bad movie. In movie standards, they are great. In movie-to-book standards they are terrible.

8/08/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home